Monday, August 31, 2009

Tearjerkers


We've all heard of movies that make even the machoest of men cry...but what about books that are absolute tearjerkers? you know, the kind that make you want to roll into a ball and never leave your bedroom for the rest of the day.....the kind of tearjerker that keeps you awake at night thinking of the horrific possibility that an ending could be so depressing.



For anyone who doesn't know what a tearjerker is, it's basically a story, song, play, film, or broadcast that moves or is intended to move its audience to tears. But, of course in this case i'm referring to a book......



I'm just one of those horribly emotional people that cry at the drop of a hat so reading a book that's an absolute tearjerker is the worst possible idea ever, especially if im already in an overly-sensitive mood which is something like 95% of the time.

I cried when I read P.S I love you......in the first page........even the first paragraph was able to set me off. Damn hormones!!



So what book makes you cry?



Here's a top 5 list of the books that have made me bawl like a child being refused a toy:




  1. P.S I love you

  2. The Pact

  3. Harry Potter and the deathly hallows

  4. New Moon (when Edward left Bella - how could he?! )

  5. Almost every single novel written by Nicholas Sparks (The Notebook, The Choice, At First Sight, The wedding, A walk to remember etc)

HOW TRAGIC!!


Anyway, this site I came across is pretty cool so check it out


http://thebookbinge.com/2007/10/our-top-three-tearjerkers.html



2 comments:

  1. I haven't read, or seen the notebook yet...so many people have told me it's a fantastic story, including my boyfriend(!!) but I'm so reluctant b/c know it's going to make me CRY...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows didn't make me cry at all really... Dumbledore's funeral tho is another matter :P

    ReplyDelete